Top 4 towable tubes with reviews:
SPORTSSTUFF 53-2213 Big Mable Towable review
This super mable is ideal for people who have kids that are grown up and prefer teenage outdoor fun. Adults will like it too!
A perfect choice for towable tubes for boating, it’s kinda like a big sofa or chair type.
It is designed for two people and will work better with two persons with a balanced being maintained.
However, it can also work fine with a single person. There are ample space and multiple handles to cling to. The weight that it can hold is approximately 275-350.
Among the different features that are worth admiring in this tube, the deluxe handle along with the knuckle guard deserves mention.
The heavy-duty full nylon cover protects it from damages. It is also accompanied by a zipper for easy opening and closing.
The speed safety valve helps in easy inflation and deflation of the air chambers.
You can fill in the air and inflate or deflate it as required. The deluxe handles with neoprene knuckle guard also deserve mention and will give you a smooth and safe ride.
It is designed in such a way that there are sufficient provisions for backrest and air-filled side-cushions for added comfort.
Also, there are dual two points at the front and the rear portions of the tube. The design is featured with a front riser construction and the back-rest is uniquely designed.
The action-packed product is so designed and equipped with all the best features that it can provide you laughs all day long.
There are EVA foam pads present to give protect your elbows and knees and provide you with more comfort.
- The ergonomic design accompanied with cushions is worth mentioning.
- It is a versatile tube that can be used for both one and two people.
- It is designed to give you a safe as well as smooth ride.
- It is featured with a full nylon cover along with zippers.
- Inflation and deflation of the air chambers are easy and fast.
- It is bulky even after it is folded and hence difficult to carry.
- It is very slow when it moves in the water and is therefore incapable of providing all the fun you expect.
The SPORTSSTUFF 53-2213 Big super mable Towable is equipped with many features that have impressed the customers.
Customers have been happy to see their children use it.
It is equipped with all the safety features due to which the children are not likely to tip over while riding the tube.
It comes in a doughnut shape because of which it is capable of floating along the surface of water quite easily.
All these along with the features like Kwik Connect and Dual Tow Points make it one of the top inflatable tubes to look at.
This tube is designed in such a manner that it provides you the maximum comfort.
You can ride it solo or with your partner, just as you wish to. Comfort will not be a concern with it, thanks to the EVA foam pads, knuckle support and handles provided.
However, if you are looking for a tube that will move fast in the waters and give you all the thrills, then this tube is not the ideal one for you considering that it moves a bit slower but still packs a ton of fun.
O’Brien Super Screamer Inflatable Tow Tube, 70-Inch review
It is constructed using 26ga PVC which is sturdy enough to make it strong and durable.
The 420-denier nylon used for the construction makes it sturdy and offers protection.
It is also featured by two EVA pads present on the upper side of the tube which make your ride enjoyable.
Additionally, there are pull-straps that make the boarding easier. There are as many as six handles to which you can cling to and take support from.
It is thus equipped to provide you with all the support that you look for.
The physical dimensions of the tube are somewhat like this- it measures 70 inches in diameter and weighs 16.65 pounds.
The overall dimensions are 8 x 14 x 18 inches.
The quality of the tube has been proven by testing it in the water for years.
It has survived the test of time and has been proved to be one of the most durable and useful tubes of the time.
If you are looking for a tube that will give you the maximum amount of thrills along with an adrenaline rush, O’Brien Super Screamer brand can be your thing.
It has ‘screamer’ in its name and is designed in such a manner that you will not get ample amount of space to seat and naturally when there is a wave, and you are likely to experience a wobble.
There are EVA knuckle guards which protect your elbows, knees and other body parts.
Also, there are two EVA pads too, which offer additional cushioning and protection.
- It is a screamer in the true sense of the term, and you can enjoy a thrilling ride using this tube.
- It is quite easy to carry from one place to the other. It is also easy to use as you can inflate or deflate it with air as per your requirements.
- The handles offer a good grip, and you will not have any problem in remaining at your position thanks to these handles.
- EVA pads are providing sufficient cushioning and support.
- Six handles provide the considerable amount of grips.
- It is a small tube and is probably of losing its shape with usage.
- Instances of air leakage have also been observed.
- It is not recommended for kids and has limited usage.
Customers have been happy to use this tube since it is capable of accommodating at least two of them and giving them a smooth ride.
It is the ideal one if you have children at home. But do remember that if you are looking for an exhilarating ride, do not expect any help from this tube.
The O’Brien Super Screamer aims at providing you the most thrilling and enchanting ride ever! It offers only a small amount of space, and you may have a problem in adjusting yourself to it.
You cannot sit properly and have to lie on it. However, if you are geared up for an exciting ride, you will enjoy it for sure and will have a great time with your partner.
It is not a versatile tube and cannot be used by everyone. It is only suitable for young adults looking for an exhilarating ride.
It cannot be used for simple fun rides by people of all ages unlike most other tubes of its type.
Also, a few manufacturing defects have been noted in a few cases that lead to leakage of air and other similar issues.
Airhead water sport towable tubes are one the best ones available in the market. They are made up of 840 denier tough nylon covers and PVC bladders with heavy gauge, which makes them impossible to be beaten.
These tubes are available in a variety of sizes and shapes, by which they can satisfy people of all age groups.
AIRHEAD HD-3 Hot Dog Towable
There are knuckle guards made of neoprene to protect you, seat pads for comfortable sitting and nylon-wrapped handles that help you to hold on to the towable.
The dimensions of the tube are 103 Inches in length and 44 Inches in width. It is featured by heavy-duty Kwik connect which makes the rope hook-ups easy.
Other features include the heavy-duty nylon cover, the PVC bladder with welded seams, foam pads that help in protecting your elbows and knees.
The 30-gauge vinyl chambers are wrapped in nylon cover of 840 deniers which can be filled or emptied with the help of a Boston valve.
So you can inflate or deflate the tube according to your convenience.
It is perfect for two adults and a child.
Even three adults can sit on it. You can even let your children enjoy themselves on this tube, provided it is being used on a pool and not a water body with a lot of waves and provided they are above five years in age.
It is also featured by dual tow points. So you can tie it in multiple positions. There is Kiwi Connect tow system for easy and fast hook-ups.
You do not need to invest much time and energy for tying, and there are lesser possibilities of loosening, thanks to the firm grip that are provided.
- It can be quickly deflated.
- It uses a smart construction and is quite durable.
- The built quality is excellent and it is capable of lasting many seasons.
- There are dual tow points.
- There are sufficient protective measures such as the foam pads for your knees and elbows.
- Good quality materials are used which ensure that the skin is not harmed and you are comfortable enough.
- It is also quite budget-friendly and easily affordable. It costs half as much like many others in the market.
- The side tubes are difficult to be kept properly aligned.
- It takes a lot of time to be dried up.
People have been happy with their experience with this tube.
People of varied ages have loved it and have been able to spend quality time with it.
Many have stated that they have faced a lot of problems by over-inflating the tube. So far as you maintain proper inflation, there will not be any problem.
Some have even used it to lie down by stretching across it. It is not meant to be used in that way but somehow worked fine in this manner.
The bottom line is it is a versatile tube that you may use for relaxation purposes but make sure that you handle properly and are ready to put up with its negatives.
The Airhead blast HD-3 Hotdog towable is a one-of-a-kind towable that combines some features to produce one of the best products in its genre. It is ideal for summer and a fun-to-ride tube.
This super mable is capable of accommodating one to three people and providing them a comfortable as well as exciting ride.
Moreover, its design, its protective features, and materials used for manufacturing make it a unique choice among the buyers and allow you to enjoy your ride to the fullest. Also, it looks funny moving around the water on a hotdog.
AIRHEAD AHM2-2 Mach 2 Towable review
It is a two-rider water sport towable, constructed in a manner that makes it budget friendly.
This cockpit tube is recommended mainly for young and timid riders, as they can feel secure inside it.
Not only the young ones, the MACH 2 has a wild side too, the teens, as well as adults, can also enjoy the core with it.
It provides a comfortable seat to its users through the inflated floors.
The four handles with knuckle guards provide a comfortable and secure grip. It has a double stitched durable nylon cover, which enables it to provide service for years.
The airhead tube product above is one of the best sellers. It has many features which are discussed below:
It has two tow points.
This dual tow point feature helps to provide multiple riding positions to its users.
It has a Kwik-Connect tow system, which provides for fast Hook-ups. With the help of its Speed Safety Valve, you can very easily inflate and deflate it in a very short time.
It also has Handles of Deluxe Nylon and Knuckle Guards made of Neoprene for custom positioning. Some of the other key features of this product include the full Nylon cover which provides Heavy duty, the PVC Bladder with the Heavy gauge which comes with RF welded seams.
Also, the EVA foam pads are placed strategically for protecting the knees and elbows of the users.
It provides a warranty of one year starting from the date of purchase.
Pros of the product
- It is a quality product, made of high-quality materials.
- It is great fun for people of all ages.
- Bottom of the seats has some padding, which makes it more comfortable.
- Reasonable price
Cons of the product
- The cover material may get ripped after multiple uses.
- The weight limit on it needs to be monitored.
The AIRHEAD Mach 2 has a great impression in front of its customers. They are happy with its high quality, and their kids enjoy it a lot.
It is safe and secure for the small children. Most of the buyers are very satisfied with the product whereas a few of them have shared some unpleasant experiences. Some say it leaks air and thus users have to keep adding air after each ride.
After multiple uses, the cover material got ripped in certain cases. Some of the customers also faced the problem of tube leaking.
Thus summing up, the positive feedbacks are much more than the negative ones.
The AIRHEAD MACH 2 is one of the popular watersports towables available in the market and is a best seller.
With its reasonable price and high-quality materials, it has won the hearts of many people and is highly recommended by its satisfied customers.
What is a towable tube?
Tubing is a recreational activity in the water that involves a tube, usually made of polyester or similar materials that help in easy floating.
These tubes are known as towable tubes.
Different tubes can be used for the purpose, and they are named according to the shape of the tubes such as a donut, biscuits, even hot dog shapes, etc.
‘Towable’ means something that can be towed. So, evidently, towable tubes are the ones that can be tied to another boat or vehicle using a rope, tow bar or chain.
They form one of the most commonly used forms of tubes that can be used for the recreational activities.
Different types of towable tubes
There can be various types of towable tubes. They can be classified depending on the number of riders on the boat:
1 Person Towable Tube: These tubes are capable of holding just one passenger.
2 Person Towable Tube: These tubes are capable of holding two riders.
3 Person Towable Tube: These tubes are capable of holding three riders.
Towable Tube for Four Riders or up. These tubes are capable of holding four riders or more and are considered large.
The tubes can also be classified according to the material used for construction:
- Nylon: Nylon can be used to make towable tubes. Nylon comes in varied thickness and weight, and the weight is usually measured in deniers. The type of fiber used in making towable tubes lies within the denier range of 420-840. More the denier value, stronger will be your towable tube. It should be kept in mind that higher the number, more is the cost involved.
- Polyester: Polyester is more popular than nylon as the manufacturing material for towable tubes. Polyester is mainly because of its ability to retain colors which prevents the colors from fading. Towable tubes made from polyesters can be as durable as those made of 840 deniers nylon but come with a lower price.
- Neoprene: Is a softer and skin-friendly material which is also used in making wetsuits. It can also be used in towable tubes, considering its skin-friendly nature which helps in preventing the skin in the hands, legs, elbows, and knees form chaffing.
The tubes can also be classified according to shape as follows:
- Deck Tubes: Deck tubes are round tubes that have a hole at the center. There can be different shapes of deck tubes such as round, delta-shaped, D-shaped and more. They are preferred for their larger surface area which enables easy flipping over waves and bumps. They are usually preferred by the young riders as they can hold on to the handles, sit or lie down as the tube flips.
- Ride-on: If you have seen those torpedo-shaped boats, you know what we are talking about when we refer to the ride-on towable tubes. They are capable of holding as many as six riders. The rider here requires to sit on the tube or can straddle. Their long, narrow shape makes them tippy. The ride-on and ride-in options available help in maintaining the torpedo shape. However, seats are there for the riders, thus ensuring a challenging yet secure ride.
- Concept: If you are looking for a thrilling ride, concept towable tube is what you should opt for. There can be different models used for flying, rolling or other such experiences. These are not meant for family rides and are used for thrilling rides.
- Ride-in: The ride-in tubes have sufficient provisions for seating. The chances of tipping are less here, even if there are waves. This is what makes the ride-in tubes preferred among both young and old. You will not get wet even after riding it for a considerably longer duration.
- Rocker: There are two main types of rockers- the U-shape rockers and three-stage rockers. The U-shape rocker flows from one side to the other in an even manner while the three-stage rocker has turned up wings on either side along with a flat area where the riders can sit. The u-shaped ones will toss you back and forth while the three-stage ones will make you experience whips and twists. They, however, tip lesser than the traditional ones.
- Round Donuts: They are the traditional models and can hold a number of people at a time. Chances of tipping are maximum in this kind of tube, and they are thus not safe at all.
How to use a towable tube
The main step involved in using a towable tube is inflating the same.
You need to know the right amount of air that is required to inflate the tube.
It should be such that when an adult person stands on the tube, he can only sink a few inches below.
It should be kept in mind that under-inflated tubes can sink below the water level and may even get ruptured in the worst case scenarios.
You need to handle the pump and valve properly and also tie the tube in the right manner.
Then you need to use tow ropes to hook up to your boat.
So now that you have learned about the different types of towable tubes, we will review five most popular towable tubes available in the market.
Before you zero in on your choice let us discuss what makes a good towable tube:
The Shape: First consider the shape of the towable tube you prefer- whether you are looking for a smooth ride or a challenging one.
The Number of Persons: The number of persons that are going to take the ride also determines which tube you should select.
The Material: The material used in making the tube also plays a huge role in determining the type of tube you should buy.
The Price: The price at which you should buy the tube is also important to consider. Fix your budget first and then select from the options.
To conclude with, it can be said that if you are looking for some high-speed entertainment in the water and that too for quite a few hours, towable tubes will be the best option for you.
They are a much safer option than getting out in the roaring waters.
Remember to use life vests out in the water, safety first!
Here’s a video I recommend about towable tube safety:
If you are looking for fun rides with your friends and family, grab one and get started!
Feel free to share this article.